If you are running an accountancy practice in Norfolk and have need to move these Sage Practice Solutions to a new server then please do call us if you want some extra support. We have experience of moving these suites and can ease the transition from old server to new server as required. As long as suitable preparations are made the actual transition is usually trouble free and can be done with or without support from Sage; our additional oversight can help to ensure a smooth transition at migration time. Our service incudes checks as follows:
- Have appropriate health checks been made on the source server to ensure the migration can start safely?
- Has a pre-migration backup been performed and is a backout plan available?
- Has the planned destination server been made eady to accept the new software?
- Do the source and destination versions match?
- Has a post-migration backup plan been made?
- Has there been suitable provision in the server firewall?
- Is there a plan for reconfiguration of the clients?
If in doubt please do this properly and contact us for support.